Sedge hats were a type of conical hat designed to protect the wearer's head from the sun. The hat included a small spike at its apex and a slit in the front through which the wearer could see. The scavenger Davan Marak wore a brown sedge hat while on the desert planet Jakku in the year 34 ABY.
Behind the scenes
A sedge hat first appeared in the 2015 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The piece of clothing was not identified in the film, but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Star Wars: Datapad
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as sedge hat)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Complete Visual Companion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Picture only)