- "Two habitable planets: Sedri itself is 99% covered in water, but its neighbor—Sedri Minor—is largely arable."
- ―Estala Maru
Sedri was a waterworld located in the Sedri system of the Periphery within the Galactic Frontier of the Outer Rim Territories. One of two habitable planets in its binary star system, the other being its neighbor, the agricultural world of Sedri Minor, ninety-nine percent of Sedri's surface was covered in water. Sedri had at least one moon.
Following a Nihil attack on a Hutt starship in the Kazlin system around 232 BBY, Jedi Knight Ceret found that the ship was traveling from the Sedri system. Looking over where the vessel could have gotten its shipment of Vratixian barley, Jedi Master Estala Maru on the Starlight Beacon space station told the station's marshal, fellow Master Avar Kriss, about Sedri and its neighbor while displaying holograms of the worlds. Jedi were thus dispatched to Sedri Minor to continue the investigation.
Behind the scenes
Sedri appeared via hologram in the second issue of Marvel Comics' Star Wars: The High Republic comic series, written by Cavan Scott, illustrated by Ario Anindito, and published on February 3, 2021. The planet originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, appearing in the adventure book Battle for the Golden Sun, which was released in 1988 for use in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game published by West End Games.
- The High Republic (2021) 2 (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Notes and references
- The High Republic (2021) 2 establishes that Sedri is situated in the same star system as Sedri Minor, which is placed in the Outer Rim Territories by and on the Galactic Frontier by The High Republic (2021) 4.
- The High Republic (2021) 2
- The High Republic (2021) 3 depicts Sedri Minor as having two suns. As The High Republic (2021) 2 places Sedri in the same system as Sedri Minor, it must orbit the same binary star.
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The High Republic (2021) 1 depicts the launch, and as The High Republic (2021) 2 takes place shortly afterwards, its events, including the attack in the Kazlin system, must occur around that year.
- Battle for the Golden Sun