The see, also known as a binocular fish, was a non-sentient, predatory scalefish native to the oceans of the Mid Rim planet Naboo. It was a long thin fish that possessed large blue eyes and a stomach that could distend to accommodate larger meals. With these eyes, the see was capable of binocular vision. The fish also possessed green and yellow scales across the length of its body.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The typical see was distinguished by its binocular vision —with both eyes located on the front of their blunt heads—and green and yellow scales. Their long, thin bodies were dominated by their stomachs, which could distend to accommodate large meals, including those as large as itself, like Laas and Daggerts. Males of the species were distinguished by their darker yellow bodies, while the females were lighter in tone.
Behind the scenesEdit
The see, along with various other musically-inspired scalefish, such as the doo, ray, mee, faa, laa and tee, first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, and other associated media. The fish could be caught in lakes on Naboo along with mee, gooberfish, fatfish, and gumfish in Star Wars Galaxies to acquire the title of “Nabooinan Angler”. The see were later seen as a hologram alongside two mee in a holographic nursery mobile in an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary