Seeds were part of the process of reproduction for plants. They would lying dormant in the ground, waiting for the next rainfall, when they would burst into life. The plant-like sentient Drengir creatures were spawned from seeds. Seeds were contained in fruits, and were a source of nutrition, especially on harsh planets like the swampy Dagobah, as they contained vitamins and minerals essential for survival. During the Imperial Era, Jedi Master–in–exile Yoda grew his foodstuff from seeds on Dagobah. Yoda gathered galla seeds from areas surrounding his hut on the planet Dagobah, storing them within his dwelling's central column.
For self-preservation, the Force-sensitive Syla Trasker followed her instincts and slipped a dolina ring seed onto her thumb, which filled her with the energy of the Living Force. The life energy gave Trasker a burst of speed, which saved her from the Imperial Inquisitorius.
- Journey Through Space
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 38 (Databank A-Z: Baze Malbus–Darth Maul)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 73 (Highlights of the Saga: The Maridun Incident)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu