- "Seems that he marched in here last year and announced to all and sundry that he was going to be the one to capture the infamous Han Solo."
- ―A bounty hunter in "Arc of Fire" Bar & Grill, on Renlo
Selenius VII, also referred to as Selenius, was an astronomical object that lay in the Mid Rim's D'Aelgoth sector, along the D'Aelgoth Trade Route. A busy spaceport, it was the location of the establishment known as "Arc of Fire" Bar & Grill.
Around 3 ABY, the bounty hunter Renlo announced at "Arc of Fire" his intention to capture the smuggler Han Solo. Months later, Renlo returned to the Selenius establishment defeated and proceeded to spend his days there lamenting his failure.
Description[edit | edit source]
Selenius VII, also known simply as Selenius, was an astronomical object located in the Selenius system of the D'Aelgoth sector, a part of the Western Reaches portion of the Mid Rim. The D'Aelgoth Trade Route hyperlane linked it to the Ogem system as well as the Kassido system of the neighboring Juvex sector.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Fifteen months later, he's back with 'nay but the torn and bloodied tunic on his back. […] That's him over in the corner, sweeping up glass and mutterin' to himself, 'Almost had 'im,' over and over again."
- ―A bounty hunter, on Renlo
At some point by 3 ABY, the bounty hunter Renlo entered "Arc of Fire" Bar & Grill at Selenius VII and announced to everyone present his intent to capture Han Solo, a smuggler with a significant bounty on his head. Following the announcement, Renlo bought beverages for all the patrons of the establishment and then left to pursue the smuggler.
Fifteen months later, the bounty hunter returned to "Arc of Fire," having been defeated by his quarry and having lost both his equipment and his starship. Renlo spent the following days at "Arc of Fire" lamenting his near-capture of the smuggler. Around that time, another bounty hunter mentioned Renlo's experiences in a conversation held at the Selenius VII establishment.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
The establishment known as "Arc of Fire" Bar & Grill was located at Selenius VII.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Selenius VII was introduced in "Almost Had 'Im," a short companion narrative included in the 1994 sourcebook Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters. The book was authored by Rick D. Stuart and published by West End Games for use with Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas provided a shortened name for the celestial body and placed it in grid square L-17.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Selenius)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters is set before the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 4 ABY. Since "Almost Had 'Im" establishes that Renlo first entered "Arc of Fire" Bar & Grill at least fifteen months prior to the conversation taking place in the narrative, the former event must have happened at some point by 3 ABY.
- The New Essential Chronology