- "And finally, Mantu, your people were once a peaceful race. How far they have fallen."
- ―Count Dooku, to the Selkath bounty hunter Mantu
The Selkath were a species of aquatic beings native to the planet Manaan. The species was most comfortable underwater and preferred to be immersed in liquid. Because of the Selkath's water-dwelling nature, their chest armors were fitted with misting vents in order to keep their skin moist. Historically, the Selkath were devoted to preserving their native oceans and taking care of the ill. For that reason, other species regarded them as a peaceful and helpful people. However, at the time of the Clone Wars, Selkath such as Chata Hyoki and Mantu brought shame to their people's reputation by working as bounty hunters.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Selkath first appeared in Star Wars Legends, in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. They were included in canon when the Selkath bounty hunter named Chata Hyoki was featured in "Pursuit of Peace," the eleventh episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' third season.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Master & Apprentice
- Master & Apprentice audiobook
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (First appearance)
- "Pursuit of Peace"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (In flashback(s))
- Beckett 1
- "Chewie's Day Off"—Star Wars Adventures 14
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 3 (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader 5
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Alien Archive