Senna was a Gigoran male from the planet Gigor who was, along with others from his homeworld, was enslaved by Zygerrian slavers whose actions were sanctioned by the Galactic Empire. Though he had not committed any crimes, his species was desired for their natural strength and Senna was sent to the Pyke Syndicate's Spice mines on the planet Kessel. In 10 BBY, he was carrying ore sampler hoppers in the mines when a slave revolt broke out in which the slaves were freed and overthrew the syndicate enforcers watching over them. Senna had white fur that was permanently stained orange by Kessel's dust and wore a brown harness with a vocoder that translated his Gigoran speak into Galactic Basic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Senna first appeared in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first named in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. The name Senna was first used for an alien character in the John Knoll's early drafts for the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and eventually developed into a Gigoran character that was reduced to a far more minor role in the film and renamed Moroff.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Senna)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Kessel in Solo: A Star Wars Story to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the event on Kessel in Solo must take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story