Sense Force, also known as See Force or in traditional High Galactic as tactus otium, was a Sense-based Force power. It allowed an individual to sense the ambient Force in a given area. It could not be used to detect sentient beings, but allowed an individual to sense the magnitude of Force in an area or object, and even if that Force was aligned with the dark side of the Force, or the light.
To practice and hone this ability, Padawans of the Jedi Order had to relax their perceptions so that everything surrounding them becomes a blur. With a lot of patience and practice, the Force would reveal itself and let the practitioner see an area's Force signature and revealing whether it is sickly, beneficial or malevolent.
During his Jedi training on the swamp-planet Dagobah, Luke Skywalker used this Sense-based Force power when approaching the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah. He later commented on it in the The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
Being guided by the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn's spirit, Master Yoda also came across the Dark Side Cave where he had a vision of the future Great Jedi Purge and an illusion of Darth Sidious telling him to join him.
- "The Final Exit"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only) (Reprint)
- "The Most Dangerous Foe"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11 (Mentioned only)
- "Only Droids Serve the Maker"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 (Mentioned only)
- "Uhl Eharl Khoehng"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- "Relic"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars Rules Companion
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- "Smugglers of the Outer Rim"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, Second Edition
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Live-Action Adventures
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Anzati"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First identified as tactus otium)