- "From their hit recording, 'Listen Up Meatbags,' here is Sentient 7 and the Clankers with their hit tune, 'Droid World.'"
Sentient 7 and the Clankers was a band that was active in the year 34 ABY. The band performed the song "Droid World," which featured on the album "Listen Up Meatbags." According to rumors heard by the droid DJ R-3X, "Droid World" caused numerous droid rebellions and was subsequently banned in seven systems. Sentient 7 and the Clankers, including keyboard player Pall Gopal, performed at a cantina on the planet Actlyon, and R-3X broadcast the band's music in the town of Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
Description[edit | edit source]
- "Can we all agree that song is the best thing that ever struck this planet?"
- ―R-3X, on "Droid World"
Sentient 7 and the Clankers were a band whose members included the Rodian musician Pall Gopal. While performing on the planet Actlyon, the band played electric music that increased in volume and had a bass with a rapid tempo. On Actlyon, Gopal played the keyboard.
History[edit | edit source]
- "This next song has caused quite a stir across the system. Rumors say that it has caused a few droids to um…rebel. It's Sentient 7 and the Clankers with 'Droid World.'"
Active by the year 34 ABY, Sentient 7 and the Clankers performed the album "Listen Up Meatbags," which featured the song "Droid World." The song created uproar when it was released—the droid DJ R-3X heard rumors that it caused a number of droids to rebel, and "Droid World" was eventually banned in seven star systems. Regardless, R-3X played the song in the town of Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, both at Oga's Cantina and in a broadcast on the local radio station, BSO 401.72. R-3X considered both "Droid World" and its album to be hits.
Sentient 7 and the Clankers, including Pall Gopal, played onstage at a cantina in Actlyon City on Actlyon. While the band was present, the cantina was raided by bounty hunters in search of a waitress who owed them a debt. When the raiders exited the cantina, the members of Sentient 7 and the Clankers returned to their instruments and continued to play. Gopal instead approached a patron, the smuggler Izal Garsea, who the Rodian hired to deliver a package to Batuu. On Batuu, Garsea and the farmer Julen Rakab heard a portion of "Droid World" on the radio while delivering the package, but the signal became scrambled as they departed Black Spire Outpost.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sentient 7 and the Clankers was created for the theme park land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. Its music is featured at the Oga's Cantina bar and on the BSO 401.72 radio station, which is played as background audio in the land.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- A Crash of Fate
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—BSO 401.72 (First appearance, simultaneous with Oga's Cantina) (Music only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina (First appearance, simultaneous with BSO 401.72) (Music only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- A Crash of Fate
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of A New Hope conclude in 0 ABY, and therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge must take place in 34 ABY. Music by Sentient 7 and the Clankers is played at Galaxy's Edge, meaning that the band must have been formed by that year.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—BSO 401.72
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge