Designed by Sienar Fleet Systems in the shape of its cousin, the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle, this larger, more spacious shuttle was primarily used to ferry a complement of 75 stormtroopers into battle—55 more troops than the Lambda-class. The ship featured three wings: one stationary center foil and two articulated flanking wings. The landing craft also had shielding strong enough to be able to withstand several hits from a Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier's turrets. They could also be modified with special containers carrying vehicles. The shuttle also had two spotlights at the front of the craft. The shuttle had several entry points including a front ramp, a rear ramp, and doors to the side. The interior of the ship had a main passenger section and a cockpit. In the passenger/cargo area, there were benches and harnesses on each side with a ladder to the side of the front ramp leading directly to a hatch for cockpit access. The cockpit section had four seats. The shuttle could also feature a refresher on the opposite side of the ladder.
- "A Sentinel-class—wizard."
- ―Jai Kell
Stormtroopers and the Grand Inquisitor took a Sentinel-class to an old Republic military base called Fort Anaxes, to either capture or eliminate the Spectres, after the rebels' successful mission to rescue a former Imperial employee. After a brief battle on the abandoned base, Kanan Jarrus piloted the Phantom and destroyed the shuttle before running away.
Minister Maketh Tua of Lothal was to take a shuttle on a meeting with Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin when she was rescued by the rebels, but after she boarded it, it exploded as part of a trap set by Agent Kallus and Darth Vader.
The rebels later became notorious for stealing shuttles, such as the shuttle Lagos. Later, a rogue former clone trooper CT-7567, nicknamed Rex, and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus used another one of these stolen shuttles during their mission to destroy the Imperial Interdictor.
Sometime during the Jedha insurgency, the Guardians of the Whills Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe joined with the Partisans to steal a shuttle. Although Saw Gerrera betrayed them and tried to take the shuttle to blow up the orbiting Star Destroyer, the two Guardians were able to convince his troops to go through with the original plan—evacuating an orphanage.
- (First identified as Sentinel-class shuttle)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Sentinel-class landing craft) (First identified as Imperial landing craft)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power! (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ Chewbacca, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid"
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ Guardians of the Whills
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Special Edition
- ↑ Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure