The First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon was patrolled by many units of a squat, white plated model of sentry droid around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. These droids possessed a square or circular head with several antennae protruding from the top, which sat on a body with four short legs ending in rolling casters that allowed the sentries to move easily through the base interiors. Sentry droids also patrolled the corridors of the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Finalizer.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The First Order's sentry droids first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. They were not named in the film, but were identified as sentry droids in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2
- Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars Resistance – "Live Fire"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Rendezvous Point"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Station to Station"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Place Safe"
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as sentry droid)
- Star Wars: Extraordinary Droids