- "Sergeant Boom-Boom, I like to use against the Empire. Buy a Republic world another day of peace."
- ―Corso Riggs
Sergeant Boom-Boom was a weapon owned by a Human mercenary named Corso Riggs by the end of the Cold War and into the following Galactic War, fought between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. While serving with a smuggler captain who worked as a privateer for the Republic, Riggs preferred using Sergeant Boom-Boom against the forces of the Empire.
- "Then me and Sergeant Boom-Boom'll be right there with you, Captain."
- ―Corso Riggs, to the smuggler captain
The Human mercenary Corso Riggs gave the name Sergeant Boom-Boom to one of the weapons he owned by the end of the Cold War, fought between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Riggs was in possession of the weapon while he served with the crew of a smuggler captain who worked for the Republic as a privateer beginning in 3642 BBY and into the following Galactic War. Sergeant Boom-Boom was the weapon that Riggs favored using against Imperial opponents by the time the smuggler captain was working as a Republic privateer.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "If you want, you can borrow Sergeant Boom. He makes anyone look intimidating…"
- ―Cut dialogue of Corso Riggs speaking to the smuggler captain
Sergeant Boom-Boom is first mentioned in the 2011 BioWare–LucasArts MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic in two companion conversations between a Smuggler player and Corso Riggs—"The Peace Brigade" and "In Harm's Way." The weapon was originally going to be mentioned by Riggs in "Just Desserts," a Smuggler mission on the planet Corellia, but the section of dialogue that contained the mention was removed from the final game. The cut dialogue has Riggs offer the weapon to the Smuggler and indicates that Sergeant Boom-Boom was an intimidating weapon in his eyes. Riggs also referred to the weapon with a male pronoun and used the nickname "Sergeant Boom" in the removed dialogue. Despite multiple mentions in the game's dialogue, the weapon type of Sergeant Boom-Boom was never specified.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Corso Riggs: "The Peace Brigade"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Port Nowhere" on Port Nowhere
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Heist of the Millennium" on The King's Ransom
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Corso Riggs: "In Harm's Way"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Just Desserts" on Corellia, dialogue files for Republic guard
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic