- "I have the serum. We must leave quickly, friend."
- ―Boba Fett, to Chewbacca
A serum existed for a sleeping virus created by the Galactic Empire. It was dispensed through a pink needle and was available for purchase in Panna City on the moon Panna Prime. The bounty hunter Boba Fett was aware of the virus and where to locate it. During the Galactic Civil War between 0.5 ABY and 1 ABY, Alliance heroes Luke Skywalker and Han Solo were infected by the virus in an Imperial plot, having to be suspended upside-down inside the Millennium Falcon by Chewbacca, Solo's co-pilot, to stay alive. Fett, who had been posing as an ally to discover the location of the Rebel base for the Empire, offered to retrieve the serum from Panna City. Fett quickly found the serum but did not purchase it immediately, instead making contact with Darth Vader to report his progress. Fett administered the serum to Solo and Skywalker, who were initially groggy from their rescucitation, while the bounty hunter's true plan was exposed by the droids C-3PO and R2-D2.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical appearance) (As Sleep Virus Cure)
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Panna system")
Notes and references
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee
- The New Essential Guide to Characters places the mission to Panna Prime after the Evacuation of Yavin, which it also placed six months after the Battle of Yavin, corresponding to 0.5 ABY according to The New Essential Chronology. mentions that The Star Wars Holiday Special was one year after the Battle of Yavin, corresponding to 1 ABY. Therefore, the events of the mission as portrayed in The Story of the Faithful Wookiee must have occurred between 0.5 ABY and 1 ABY.