- "You've closed yourself off from the Force."
- ―Rey, to Luke Skywalker
Closing oneself from the Force was an ability that Jedi Master Luke Skywalker used during his exile on Ahch-To. According to the Jedi Master, it was far more difficult to block out the Force than learning to feel it, and it took Skywalker years to master the discipline. However, the Force still tried to reach Skywalker through dreams and even sometimes reached him when he was awake, despite his efforts, offering messages or warning. Kanan Jarrus claimed he had distanced himself from the Force after being blinded by Maul on Malachor.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1 (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2 (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
- (Indirect mention only)