- "The planet is called Sha Qarot and it orbits a red sun. The moon is a strange purple place called Fex."
- ―Nakari Kelen
Sha Qarot's star was a part of the Deep Core's Sha Qarot system. It was orbited by the planet Sha Qarot, which had a poisonous atmosphere and a volcanic surface and was in turn circled by the moon Fex. The red star appeared large from Fex's surface, and it led to the moon having a purple-colored landscape.
Fex was home to several non-sentient species, including an apex predator known as the Fexian skullborer. When employees of the biotech company Kelen Biolabs carried out research on Fex at some point by 0 ABY, they used containers with glow panels that mimicked the ultraviolet light and radiation of Sha Qarot's star in order to trap Fexian skullborers.
Behind the scenes
Sha Qarot's star appeared in the 2015 novel Heir to the Jedi, written by Kevin Hearne. It was pictured on the cover of the Brazilian-language edition of the novel, which was illustrated by Two Dots Illustration.
- Heir to the Jedi (First appearance, simultaneous with Heir to the Jedi audiobook)
- Heir to the Jedi audiobook
Notes and references
- Heir to the Jedi
- Heir to the Jedi (Brazilian edition)
- In Heir to the Jedi, Luke Skywalker states that he has not heard from Obi-Wan Kenobi since the Battle of Yavin, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes as the starting point of 0 ABY. Since Skywalker hears from Kenobi in the first issue of the 2015 Star Wars comic series, Heir to the Jedi must take place between the battle and Star Wars 1. Additionally, that comic takes place before the fourth issue of the 2015 Star Wars: Darth Vader comic series, the events of which are dated to 0 ABY by Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Heir to the Jedi must also take place in 0 ABY.