Shaaks were a species of non-sentient herbivores that grazed on the grasslands of Naboo. Gentle and non-threatening, shaaks were slow movers. They had four legs, brown leathery skin, and their bodies were plump with blubber. Shaaks were unable to swim, due to their size, and so avoided the swamps of Naboo. If infected with the waterborne Blue Shadow Virus, shaaks would die instantly, while members of most other species had 48 hours to live before the virus became fatal.
Behind the scenesEdit
The shaak species was designed by Terryl Whitlatch for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Whitlatch wanted to suggest a grazer bred for food, the Naboo equivalent of a sheep. A few shaaks were seen briefly in one shot of the movie as computer generated creations.
- Master & Apprentice (as shaak leg)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Appears as a toy)
- Doctor Aphra 1
- Poe Dameron 6 (Mentioned only)
- Resistance Reborn (Mentioned only)
- Resistance Reborn audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (as food)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- ↑ Queen's Shadow
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.