A blue-bladed lightsaber was wielded by the Togruta Jedi Master Shaak Ti prior to and during the Clone Wars. She used it to battle Galen Marek during the Mission to Felucia, as well as to defend Supreme Chancellor Palpatine during the Battle of Coruscant.
Shaak Ti was regarded as one of the most powerful Jedi of her time, both in her mastery of the Force as in her lightsaber combat skills, which she mastered to a degree that made her one of the finest swordswomen in the Jedi Order. Obi-Wan Kenobi regarded Shaak Ti as the most cunning Jedi he'd met, saying that she'd taught him a few tricks. Shaak Ti was a master of the Makashi and Ataru forms, which determined her grace, serenity, fluency, and elegance in lightsaber combat. Even though these styles were considered to be better against lightsaber wielding opponents than blaster wielding ones, Master Ti was so skilled with the styles that she survived the Clone Wars.
Shaak Ti also appeared to have some training in the Jar'Kai style, as she expertly wielded an electrostaff along with her lightsaber during the Battle of Coruscant, and sources describe her wielding dual lightsabers during the Jedi Purge. Shaak Ti was grouped among the six "great swordbeings" of the Jedi Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
Shaak Ti's lightsaber was wrongly colored green in the Clone Wars: 1, Defense of Kamino.
Shaak Ti lost the saber to Grievous during the Battle of Coruscant, and it can later be seen in the General's cape in Episode III. As Anakin and Obi-Wan retrieved their own sabers but left hers, it is unknown how Ti recovered the saber or if she even recovered it, as she could have constructed a new one to look like the first.
Also in the PlayStation 3 version of the game, Shaak Ti dies with her saber in her hand; however, in the PS2, Wii and PSP versions, Starkiller recovers it for his master.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Republic 50: The Defense of Kamino
- Republic 53: Blast Radius
- Star Wars: Clone Wars PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 1"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 20"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 21"
- Jedi: Shaak Ti
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 24"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Empire 27: "General" Skywalker, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - Attack of the Clones (TCG) (Card: )
- Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: Illustrated Screenplay
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Essential Reader's Companion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Shaak Ti) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side (Non-canonical source)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"
- ↑ The Force Unleashed (novel)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization