- "I was seven, and the planet we were evacuating was called Shadda-Bi-Boran. The sun was dying and we managed to relocate the entire populace, but we couldn't replicate the environment properly. Whatever nutrients they got from their sun, they couldn't get anywhere else."
- ―Padmé Amidala, to Rush Clovis
Shadda-Bi-Boran was a planet located within the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. In 39 BBY, the planet's sun was dying. Padmé Amidala, her father Ruwee Naberrie, and Onaconda Farr visited the planet as part of a relief group and helped evacuate the entire populace. The evacuees, however, proved unable to adapt to life elsewhere because they were unable to replicate Shadda-Bi-Boran's environment properly and died.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In Star Wars Legends, Shadda-Bi-Boran was first mentioned in the novelization of Attack of the Clones, and would also have been mentioned in the movie, if not for a last minute rewrite of the line in which it was originally named, and then the deletion of the scene entirely.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Queen's Shadow
- According to Queen's Shadow, Padmé Amidala was fourteen during the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 32 BBY. Therefore, her date of birth can be placed in 46 BBY. Since the mission to Shadda-Bi-Boran occurred when Amidala was seven, the date of 39 BBY can be deduced using simple math.
- The Star Wars Book