After eons of peace, the beautiful world was ruined when the star, Shadda began to fade, depriving the natives of life-giving radiation, and racked the planet with groundquakes and changes in weather and soon the planet would freeze, venting its atmosphere to space.
As the planet died, wealthy galactic circles expressed and aroused concern by circulating kerchiefs and armbands made of handcrafted Shadda silk.
In an effort to help, a young Padmé Amidala, part of the Refugee Relief Movement (RRM), visited the planet as part of a relief group to evacuate it before its destruction by the implosion of the system's primary star, which exploded in 38 BBY.
The green-skinned natives included N'a-kee-tula. The refugees from the planet died out, unfortunately, unable to adapt to life on other planets.
Behind the scenes
Shadda-Bi-Boran was mentioned briefly in the novelization of Attack of the Clones, and would also have been mentioned in the movie, if not for a last minute rewrite of the line in which it was originally named, and then the deletion of the scene entirely. James Luceno's novel, Darth Plagueis, mentions Padmé's RRM work on Shadda-Bi-Boran. The novel, Death Star, makes indirect reference to the death of the star in this system, and implies that the system was located within a larger star cluster.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis audiobook (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones unabridged audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel (Mentioned only)
- "The Unseen Planets of Episode II"—Star Wars Insider 80
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 80 (NAB2, Jobal Naberrie)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 36
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook