Shadday Potkin was a human female who served as a Jedi Master within the Jedi Order, the guardians of the Galactic Republic. In 19 BBY, Potkin attended a briefing given by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Outer Rim Sieges being conducted by the Republic in the ongoing Clone Wars against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The briefing was held in one of the briefing rooms in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.
After the briefing concluded, Potkin was one of the last to leave the room, walking out beside another human Jedi as Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker entered the room. Potkin was Force-sensitive and had brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. She wore a set of brown Jedi robes including brown boots.
Behind the scenes
Shadday Potkin appeared in the prequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which was released on May 19, 2005. The briefing room scene was filmed at Fox Studios, Sydney on August 8, 2003. In the current Star Wars canon, she was identified in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia. The name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used in the reference book Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars, which was released on October 11, 2005. The name is a combination of the surnames of designer Usana Shadday and production manager Noah Potkin, both of whom worked on the book.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Shadday Potkin)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith to 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, New Edition
- The Star Wars Archives: Episodes I–III, 1999–2005
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars