- "Minimal casualties, maximum effectiveness. That's us."
- ―Broadside, on Shadow Squadron
Shadow Squadron was a starfighter squadron in the Galactic Republic that consisted of at least twelve clone trooper pilots that utilized BTL-B Y-wing starfighters during the Clone Wars. Early in the war during the Malevolence campaign, Shadow Squadron was selected by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker to destroy Separatist Alliance General Grievous and his flagship, the Malevolence. Although sustaining heavy casualties during the Battle of the Kaliida Nebula, Shadow Squadron prevailed by disabling both of the starship's mega-ion cannons.
Later during the war, Shadow Squadron participated in the Battle of Kamino, where they defended the planet from a Separatist invasion. General Skywalker led starfighter forces against Separatist warships, and in conjunction with the Republic blockade, managed to cripple various vessels. Although Separatist forces landed on Kamino's surface via the wreckage of the starships, the invasion failed and the Republic was successful in safeguarding the vital planet.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"