- "You take these shards as a down payment. That's more'n my bounty right there."
- ―Zingo Gabnit, bargaining for his life with Boba Fett
Shards were found on the Outer Rim Territories planet Carajam between 2 ABY and 4 ABY. They were gray-colored in daylight and glowed blue in nighttime. The shards were uncovered by a human, who gave them to the criminals Zingo Gabnit and Turfitch. Gabnit planned to kill the human afterwards, leading her to offer them freely and promising her silence on the affair in exchange for her life.
The human was inadvertantly spared when the criminals spotted the fearsome bounty hunter Boba Fett in the distance, allowing her to escape while Gabnit and Turfitch kept the shards and prepared to deal with Fett. Fett initially ignored the two but later tracked Gabnit down to collect an 100,000 credit bounty on him. After he was cornered by Fett, Gabnit attempted to bribe him into an alliance, offering the shards—which he kept in a pouch—as a down payment, claiming they were worth more than his bounty. Fett rejected the offer and claimed the bounty instead.
Behind the scenes
The shards were first pictured in an article published on StarWars.com on April 15, 2019, providing a preview for the one-shot comic Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1. The comic was published by Marvel Comics on May 8, 2019.
- Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1 (First appearance)
- (First pictured)
Notes and references
- Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1
- The events of Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1, including the uncovering of the shards, take place after the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, which took place two years before the Battle of Yavin according to Star Wars: On the Front Lines, corresponding to 2 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, and before Boba Fett's fall into the Great Pit of Carkoon, which took place in 4 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.