Shaylin 18 was a celestial body located in the Shaylin system, a part of the Pakuuni sector in the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The hyperlane known as the Overic Griplink linked it to the Pakuuni and Turkana systems. At some point between 0 ABY and 2 ABY, the military forces of the Rebel Alliance fought the Battle of Shaylin 18 there.
Behind the scenes
Shaylin 18 was mentioned in Alliance Intelligence Reports, a 1995 sourcebook for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Shaylin system, and therefore Shaylin 18, in grid square T-6. In one map of the book, the system was erroneously placed near the south edge of the grid square, in territory that fell within the Ash Worlds instead of the Pakuuni sector.
- Alliance Intelligence Reports (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Shaylin system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Shaylin system
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Alliance Intelligence Reports, which establishes that the Battle of Shaylin 18 took place following the Battle of Yavin, represents a collection of in-universe reports from "one year before the Battle of Hoth," which corresponds to 2 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Since The New Essential Chronology also establishes the months immediately succeeding the Battle of Yavin as 0 ABY, the Battle of Shaylin 18 must have occurred at some point between those two dates.