Sheckil was a human male who served as a lieutenant in the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. Sheckil accompanied Darth Vader on his mission to Cloud City on Bespin, and was an officer in the unit attempting to capture Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker. He was also in charge of escorting Princess Leia Organa to Vader's ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sheckil first appeared in the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. He was played by Jeremy Bulloch, who also played Boba Fett in the film. The name "Sheckil" was first established in the Star Wars Legends Star Wars Customizable Card Game pack Cloud City Limited. The name was canonized with its inclusion in the digital card game Star Wars: Force Collection. According to a Star Wars CCG fan site, the character's name was a tuckerization of Decipher game designer Tom Lischke.
In the fourth draft of The Empire Strikes Back screenplay, Sheckil's line about Luke Skywalker's arrival to Cloud City was attributed to an aide of Vader. Originally, Bullock wasn't intended to play Sheckil, but ended up filling the part when the actor who was originally slated to play Sheckil was unavailable the day of shooting.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Force Collection (First identified as Sheckil)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Force Collection
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Lieutenant Sheckil)
- ↑ Anagramed Decipherians. Corellian Engineering Corporation. ReoCities (2005-08-15). Archived from the original on April 6, 2016. Retrieved on May 9, 2014.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- ↑ "Head Hunter: An Interview with Jeremy Bulloch"—Star Wars Insider 30