- "There it is. Uglier than ever."
- ―Han Solo
Shelter was a space station located in the Maw. It was owned by Lando Calrissian, and was a part of the Great River network during the Yuuzhan Vong War. It was built from the remains of a previous top secret Imperial weapons facility, the infamous Maw Installation. It consisted of an asteroid with a living module, power core, and a rudimentary defense system attached to it.
Years after the Yuuzhan Vong War and shortly after the death of Darth Caedus, Jedi Knights began to be infected by a strange mental illness. Among those who were infected were the two children of Corran Horn, Valin and Jysella Horn. After studying the victims, Cilghal began to speculate that it was only affecting those that were at Shelter during the Yuuzhan Vong War, and that Tionne and Kam Solusar were not affected because they were deeply in tune to the Force. Ben Skywalker was most likely not affected because he withdrew from the Force after feeling the deaths of many people.
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (First appearance)
- Emissary of the Void (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- "Apocalypse... Now!"—Star Wars Insider 132