- "Where are we, Master Obi-Wan?"
"The former homeworld of the Shi'kar, obliterated by a comet impact some time past. Its remains have become a lawless region stalked by scavengers, smugglers, and pirates."
- ―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Shi'kar were a group whose homeworld—located in the Nembus sector of the Outer Rim Territories—was destroyed by a comet impact some time prior to the Clone Wars of 22–19 BBY. Their planet fractured into numerous pieces under the impact, eventually becoming an asteroid belt known as the Shi'kar Straits. Some of the larger asteroids still contained ruined structures from the planet's past. By the time of the Clone Wars, the Shi'kar Straits had become a haven for smugglers, pirates, and scavengers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Shi'kar were created by Henry Gilroy for the comic book Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2, published by Dark Horse Comics in 2008. The comic featured a mission to the Shi'kar Straits undertaken by the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano, who were trying to track down the Zygerrian Slavers Guild.
When the comic storyline was adapted for the fourth season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series in late 2011 and early 2012, the Jedi's visit to the Shi'kar Straits was not included. As the TV series takes precedence over the comic books within the Star Wars Legends continuity, the existence of the Shi'kar cannot be irrefutably confirmed.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2
- ↑ Shi'kar Straits — Based on corresponding data for the
- ↑ According to The New Essential Chronology, the Clone Wars lasted from 22 BBY until 19 BBY.
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Season Four
- ↑ Leland Chee's confirmation of The Clone Wars TV series' Zygerrian storyline taking precedence over the comic book portrayal. Keeper of the Holocron (November 26, 2011, 9:30 pm). Retrieved on November 26, 2011. "As usual, the TV series supersedes the comic books in terms of continuity." (archive copy created on December 5, 2012)