A shield was a broad piece of armor carried on the arm that was used as a defense against blows or hurled objects. During the Clone Wars, the clone riot troopers of the Coruscant Guard used riot shields in conjunction with a baton. Later, clone troopers utilized a type of shield in the Battle of Ringo Vinda. The shield was made of a blaster-proof material. It was strong enough to withstand and deflect strong sustained hits from blaster fire, but was also light enough to be used in conjunction with a DC-15A blaster carbine. After the rise of the Galactic Empire, the riot gear used by the stormtroopers of the Empire also included a shield. The Wookiee warriors of Kashyyyk used wooden battle shields that had a reverse teardrop shape. Maz Kanata's collection of antique items included a shield fashioned of an unknown silvery metal. The Kyuzo warriors wore helmets that doubled as shields and as missiles.
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Utapauns)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 27 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Wookiees)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"