The Shifting Mires was a dangerous region of Pasaana's Lurch Canyon. The area contained fields of unstable ground consisting of a black sand which would swallow nearly everything that got stuck in it. Beneath the Shifting Mires were vast mazes of tunnels created by a vexis, which were also home to the native gouge-beetles.
Various people fell victim to the sinking fields, often being swallowed and dying from the dangerous fauna or a lack of food and water. Sometime after the Battle of Endor, the Sith loyalist Ochi died of unknown causes in the tunnels after falling into the Shifting Mires alongside his speeder and dagger.
In 35 ABY, a group of Resistance members consisting of Rey, Chewbacca, Finn, Poe Dameron, C-3PO, and BB-8 got caught in the sinking fields and found themselves in the caverns beneath. They retrieved the dagger and had a run-in with a wounded Vexis snake. Rey Force healed the serpent, and it gave safe passage to the group.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Shifting Mires)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker take place one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that to 34 ABY, The Rise of Skywalker takes place in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker