- "Number 1: Togruta-style Shili cheese dog with cup of soup 5.5 credits"
- ―The number 1 Pantoran Plate Special for Taungsday
Shili cheese dogs were a type of food served at the eatery known as Dex's Diner on the planet Coruscant due to the fact that they were considered delicious by the eatery's owner, the Besalisk Dexter Jettster. The dish cost 5.5 credits and was served with a cup of soup as one of the lunch and dinner Pantoran Plate Specials available on Taungsday. The establishment's chef and owner, the Besalisk Dexter Jettster, made the dogs in the style of the Togruta species of the planet Shili. The dish was served at Dex's at some point prior to the eatery's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's rule.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "At its most basic level, this thinking led to a number of puns—Panna cakes, Wol Cabasshews, Xizor salad, Sic-Six-layer cake, Tibanna split and Shili cheese dog among them—that are either inspired or stupid or both, depending on one's sense of humor."
- ―Gregory Walker
Shili cheese dogs were first mentioned in the 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace exclusive article, Dining at Dex's, which was written as an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner by Gregory Walker. Their name was a pun on real world chili cheese dogs.
- (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. 59
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: Underworld established that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The Essential Reader's Companion later stated that the novel took place around the year 18 BBY. The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.