Shinie or shiny was a derogatory term used by experienced clone troopers, like Captain Rex, when referring to rookie clone privates, whose armor was still pristine. Clone cadets were also referred to by this name. Hevy, Echo, Droidbait, Fives, and Cutup were some notable shinies stationed on a remote outpost in the Rishi system. However, after an attack from Confederacy forces, Droidbait, Hevy, and Cutup perished, and Echo and Fives were inducted into the famed 501st Legion, leaving their "shinie" status behind. On Ryloth, Sergeant Kano told his new squad that they were no longer "shinies."
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Clone Wars: No Prisoners
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 1: Breakout Squad
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
- The Clone Wars: The Enemy Within
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)