Queen Amidala of the planet Naboo wore one on Coruscant that had a dark brown crest, and white veda pearl beading and glass filaments in strands on either side of her face. Queen Apailana wore a Shiraya fan headdress to Amidala's funeral.
Behind the scenes
Shiraya fan headdresses were invented for the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, and were first identified in the associated reference book Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary, which was written by David West Reynolds.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Shiraya fan headdress)
- The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary