- "Someone triggered the beast's shock collar."
- ―Grakkus the Hutt
A shock collar was a device placed around the neck of a captive individual or creature in order to shock them into submission.
When Mandalorian Prime Minister Almec's black market operation was to be exposed, Almec had Mandalore's ruler, Duchess Satine Kryze, was fitted with a shock collar. Hoping to have her sign a confession of treason, he tortured her with it, but as she refused, he threatened to have her nephew, Korkie Kryze, tortured with a shock collar instead. Ahsoka Tano, however, placed the device on him, forcing him to surrender.
Practicers of slavery, Zygerrians made use of shock collars for their servants. The captive Jedi Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Captain Rex, as well as kidnapped Togruta colonists from Kiros, all were made to use shock collars until their release by Republic allies.
Kongo the Disemboweler was fitted with a shock collar while fighting in the arena inside the palace of Grakkus the Hutt. This shock collar was activated by Imperial Sergeant Kreel, who was undercover as the arena's gamemaster, when Kongo fought Luke Skywalker.
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Rampage"
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (As "slave collar")
- "Return of the Slavers"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 5
- "Final Round"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 34
- Choose Your Destiny: A Han & Chewie Adventure
- "Paid on Delivery"—Life Day 1
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook
- Star Wars (2015) 12
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)