- "They wanted it fast and quiet. They'd send us in on the drop ships. No support, just us. Then when the Imps were gone, the politics started. We were peacekeepers, protecting delegates, suppressing riots."
- ―Cara Dune, to Din Djarin
Shock troopers, also referred to as droppers, were specialized infantry of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and New Republic. During the Galactic Civil War, shock troopers were deployed to hunt down Imperial warlords and following the New Republic's formation, they were made into peacekeepers who escorted delegates and suppressed riots.
Following the Battle of Endor, many ex-Imperial officials became warlords. As a result, the Rebellion deployed shock troopers to hunt down and eliminate them. They were deployed in dropships without any backup. After Imperial activity had died down and the New Republic was formed, the shock troopers were converted into peacekeepers tasked with protecting New Republic delegates and controlling riots.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary" (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" (Mentioned only) (First identified as dropper)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (Mentioned only)