During the Clone Wars, a mission to capture the crime lord Ziro the Hutt led to a showdown between bounty hunter Cad Bane and two Jedi, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos, on the planet Teth. Both sides were on the hunt for Ziro, who escaped from the custody of both the Galactic Republic and the Grand Hutt Council, but found him dead on Teth after he was killed by Sy Snootles at the behest of Jabba the Hutt. The Jedi engaged Bane in combat in the hopes of capturing him, due to Bane holding the Galactic Senate hostage, but the bounty hunter escaped.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (First appearance)
- Dark Disciple (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Disciple audiobook (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Padawan Path"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of "ARC Troopers" in 21 BBY and The Star Wars Book places the events of "Heroes on Both Sides" to twenty-one years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that A New Hope begins in 0 BBY, "Heroes on Both Sides" must take place in 21 BBY. As "Hunt for Ziro," the episode this event is featured within, occurs between these two episodes according to , this event must take place in 21 BBY.