Sic-Six-layer cake was a type of cake from Sisk which had many different colored layers. Shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the cake was served as a dessert in Dex's Diner, an eatery on the planet Coruscant. The diner served the cake for 2.5 credits per slice and described it as popular on the menu.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "At its most basic level, this thinking led to a number of puns--Panna cakes, Wol Cabasshews, Xizor salad, Sic-Six-layer cake, Tibanna split and Shili cheese dog among them—that are either inspired or stupid or both, depending on one's sense of humor."
- ―Gregory Walker
Sic-Six-layer cake was created by Gregory Walker for "Dining at Dex's", a Star Wars Legends article published on the Hyperspace section of StarWars.com in 2009. Its name is a pun referencing the Legends Sic-Six species and real world layer cake.
The cake was made canon in 2015, when it appeared as new content in a reissue of What is a Wookiee?, a reference book previously released in 2005. The book identified a cake that had appeared as a prop in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones as Sic-Six layer cake.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- What is a Wookiee? (First identified as Sic-Six-layer cake)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition