- "Perhaps the siege at Onderon has taken a turn for the worse."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi speculates that Saw Gerrera requires aid
Fought towards the end of the Clone Wars, the siege at Onderon was an attack, launched by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, against the Inner Rim planet of Onderon during the Outer Rim Sieges in 19 BBY. Saw Gerrera, a native of Onderon who had helped lead the anti-Separatist rebels in the recent Onderonian Civil War, fought for the Galactic Republic during the siege like he had during the Civil War.
During the Battle of Yerbana, when former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Mandalorian Bo-Katan Kryze contacted the Republic using Jedi General Anakin Skywalker's Fulcrum frequency, Generals Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi initially thought Gerrera was trying to contact them, with the latter speculating that the siege had taken a negative turn. However, Admiral Wullf Yularen informed the Jedi it was not Gerrera contacting them, and the two soon learned that it was instead Tano and Kryze.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Tipping Points," which depicts the end of the Onderonian Civil War and the funeral of Steela Gerrera, occurs at some point prior to the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten," which includes the mention of the siege of Onderon. establishes that "
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★)) notes the Mygeeto Campaign lasted three years until the end of the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As the siege at Onderon mentioned in "Old Friends Not Forgotten" dates it to be towards the end of the conflict, the siege must be concurrent to the Mygeeto Campaign.
- The second occupation of Geonosis begins during the events of "Brain Invaders" and, according to Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel, continues past the end of the Clone Wars. As dates the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten" to occur between those two time periods, its events, including the siege at Onderon, must be concurrent to the second occupation of Geonosis.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that the battle on Lokori was fought during the last four months of the Clone Wars, lasting until the end of the conflict. As established in "Old Friends Not Forgotten," the siege at Onderon was fought in the final days of the Clone Wars, meaning it must be concurrent to the battle on Lokori.
- "The Clone Wars" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- According to "Old Friends Not Forgotten," the Battle of Yerbana, which occurs concurrently with the siege at Onderon, takes place directly prior to the Battle of Coruscant, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. In addition, places the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten" to be at some point after the events of "The Wrong Jedi," which Galactic Atlas also dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten," including the mention of the siege at Onderon, must have occurred in the same year, as well.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide