- "Perhaps the siege at Onderon has taken a turn for the worse."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi speculates that Saw Gerrera requires aid
The siege at Onderon took place on the Inner Rim Territories planet of Onderon during the Outer Rim Sieges in 19 BBY, towards the end of the galactic conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems that was the Clone Wars. Saw Gerrera, a native of Onderon who had helped lead the anti-Separatist rebels in the previous Onderonian Civil War, fought in the siege in the Republic's interest like he had during the Civil War.
During the Battle of Yerbana, when former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Mandalorian Bo-Katan Kryze contacted the Republic using Jedi General Anakin Skywalker's Fulcrum frequency, Generals Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi initially thought Gerrera was trying to contact them, with the latter speculating that the siege had taken a negative turn. However, Admiral Wullf Yularen informed the Jedi it was not Gerrera contacting them, and the two soon learned that it was instead Tano and Kryze.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Tipping Points," which depicts the end of the Onderonian Civil War and the funeral of Steela Gerrera, occurs at some point prior to the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten," which includes the mention of the siege of Onderon. establishes that "
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- According to "Old Friends Not Forgotten," the Battle of Yerbana, which occurs concurrently with the siege at Onderon, takes place directly prior to the Battle of Coruscant, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. In addition, places the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten" to be at some point after the events of "The Wrong Jedi," which Galactic Atlas also dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "Old Friends Not Forgotten," including the mention of the siege at Onderon, must have occurred in the same year, as well.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide