- "For five months, we've laid siege to Saleucami. We Jedi have led the Republic's clone army against a Morgukai clone army created by the C.I.S. and trained by the Anzati. The siege has prevented the Separatist forces from leaving Saleucami, but the cost in lives has been high, and supplies are thin."
- ―Quinlan Vos
One of the last campaigns of the Clone Wars, the Siege of Saleucami, also known as the Battle of Saleucami, was a series of battles fought between the Grand Army of the Republic and thousands of specially bred Morgukai clones, trained for the Confederacy of Independent Systems by Anzati assassins.
Having besieged the main citadel and shield generator citadel of Saleucami for five months, the Republic Army made several attempts at reaching the perimeter shield generator, so that it could be deactivated and the underground clone factories could be subjected to orbital bombardment. However, all attacks were met with fierce resistance from the Morgukai clone army and the droid army aiding them.
The Clone Army dug a massive trench around the droid positions. Finally establishing strongholds on the rim of the caldera, the armies were subjected to a massive attack by Confederate forces. This was but a diversion, as the real target was Jedi General Oppo Rancisis, who conducted his forces with the help of battle meditation and was thus a primary factor in their successes.
Sending Anzati assassins to kill Rancisis, Sora Bulq ended his threat, as the Jedi Master let his guard down after killing all the assassins, thus enabling Bulq to stab him from behind. Following his death, the double-agent Quinlan Vos, Rancisis' second-in-command at the time, took over his duties.
The Clone Army led a final charge on the droid positions. AT-TEs successfully destroyed the AA cannons, allowing LAAT gunships to advance with the clones. Speeder bikes and LAATs hammered the droids, and before the droids could organize properly, the LAATs went back for another pass, this time accompanied by clones. As the forces raged on, ARC-170 starfighters fired missiles on a massive Separatist supply dump, creating a massive explosion, destroying a section of the citadel's walls. Using this advantage, the clones trapped a droid army and easily destroyed them.[source?] The clones continued up to the second level, destroying droids as they went. Very soon, the citadel was captured, and a team of Jedi infiltrators blew up the shield generator. Capturing the citadel proved vital, for clone snipers could easily pick apart the Separatists. The Hailfire-class droid tanks and Spider walkers were also easy to gun down, due to clone heavy troopers finding ideal rocket-launching positions in wall-cracks. As the clones advanced to the remainder of the droid army, the concentrated fire of AT-TEs and LAATs successfully destroyed an orbital-range ion cannon which had long held the Republic warships from supporting any ground assaults.[source?]
While the siege had lasted for months, Jedi Master Tholme had been busy subverting the Separatist cloning efforts by sabotaging facilities and destroying unfinished clones. At the climax of the battle, both he and General Aayla Secura helped Vos, his former student, escape the clutches of the dark side of the Force and end the terror wrought by Bulq. Quinlan killed the Dark Jedi and escaped with his colleagues, just as the Separatist citadel was razed by Republic orbital bombardment.
- Skywalker: "After you have brought these reinforcements to Aayla on Felucia, you are to proceed directly to Saleucami to quell the remains of an uprising."
- Allie: "I thought Aayla and Quinlan just left Saleucami?"
- Skywalker: "They did, but the mission was not complete."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Stass Allie[src]
During the final days of the Clone Wars, Allie was in command of a small force of clone troopers, led by Marshal Commander Neyo, which had stayed behind following the Republic's recent victory on the world. The desert plains were strewn with battle debris, and carrion birds feasted on the fallen bodies of clone troopers.
When Order 66 was enacted, Allie was identified as an enemy of the Republic. Carrying out the order, Neyo hit the brakes on his BARC speeder, falling in behind the Jedi. He and his wingman opened fire with their speeder-mounted blaster cannons, killing Allie and destroying her speeder bike.
- Republic 73: Trackdown, Part 2 (First mentioned)
- Republic 74: Siege of Saleucami, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Republic 75: Siege of Saleucami, Part 2
- Republic 76: Siege of Saleucami, Part 3
- Republic 77: Siege of Saleucami, Part 4
- Dark Times 6: Parallels, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Reversal of Fortune (Mentioned only)
- Republic 81: Hidden Enemy, Part 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Indirect mention only)
- Republic 79: Into the Unknown, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Republic 78: Loyalties (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Times—Fire Carrier 3 (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Times—Fire Carrier 5 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- The New Essential Chronology (Mentioned only)
- "Ask the Master"—Star Wars Insider 85 (Indirect mention only)
- "Order 66: The Hammer Falls"—Star Wars Insider 87
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "The 100 Greatest Things About Star Wars... Ever!"—Star Wars Insider 100 (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Mentioned in multiple entries, but without own entry)
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (Mentioned only)
- "Menace Revisited"—Star Wars Insider 109 (Mentioned only)
- "Classic Moment"—Star Wars Insider 111
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War (Mentioned only)
- "Darth Krayt"—Star Wars Insider 113
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Sith Wars
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 19 (NEY3–4, Obedient Soldier)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (19 BBY 38, Operation: Knightfall)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 35 (ALL3–4, Jedi in Battle)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 36 (BLY3–4, The Good Soldier) (Mentioned only)
- Mask of the Pirate Queen (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Republic 73: Trackdown, Part 2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Reversal of Fortune
- ↑ Republic 81: Hidden Enemy, Part 1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Dark Times 6: Parallels, Part 1
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21 6.22 6.23 6.24 6.25 6.26 6.27 6.28 6.29 6.30 6.31 6.32 6.33 6.34 6.35 6.36 6.37 6.38 Republic 74: Siege of Saleucami, Part 1
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 8.11 8.12 8.13 Republic 77: Siege of Saleucami, Part 4
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "The 100 Greatest Things About Star Wars... Ever!"—Star Wars Insider 100
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 Republic 75: Siege of Saleucami, Part 2
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 11.6 11.7 Republic 76: Siege of Saleucami, Part 3
- ↑ Dark Times—Fire Carrier 3
- ↑ Dark Times—Fire Carrier 5
- ↑ "Order 66: The Hammer Falls"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 19 (NEY3–4, Obedient Soldier)
- ↑ Galaxy at War
- ↑ Republic 79: Into the Unknown, Part 1
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith