Sienar Fleet Systems (SFS) was one of the foremost starship, arms, and drive manufacturers within the galaxy, best known for its TIE line craft during the reign of the Galactic Empire. It was formerly known as Republic Sienar Systems during the Republic Era. The company reorganized into Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems and Sienar-Jaemus Army Systems following the Galactic Concordance to avoid arms restrictions against selling weaponry to the First Order.
Sienar Fleet Systems manufactured much of the Galactic Republic's military shuttles and landing craft during the Clone Wars. The Republic Navy also commissioned Sienar to manufacture a prototype corvette, a stealth ship equipped with an experimental cloaking device—reportedly developed by Republic engineers—that rendered the ship invisible and undetectable to scanners and sensors. Republic forces used the spear-shaped stealth ship to destroy a Separatist dreadnought, but the cloaking technology's enourmous expense and maintenance requirements discouraged the Navy from commissioning additional stealth ships.
Upon the rise of the Galactic Empire, Raith Sienar became the head of SFS, designing the Imperial TIE/ln space superiority starfighter personally. A competitor to Kuat Drive Yards, the rise of the Empire saw Sienar acquire key assets and engineers formerly employed by KDY, leading to the design and manufacture of the TIE line.
Notes and references
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 49 (Databank A-Z: Serenno–Anakin Skywalker)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- "Secrets of Sienar"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 13
- Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack"
- Lando 1
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections