Sienar Fleet Systems (SFS) was one of the foremost starship, arms, and drive manufacturers within the galaxy, best known for its TIE line craft during the reign of the Galactic Empire. It was formerly known as Republic Sienar Systems during the Republic Era. The company reorganized into Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems and Sienar-Jaemus Army Systems following the Galactic Concordance to avoid arms restrictions against selling weaponry to the First Order.
Sienar Fleet Systems manufactured much of the Galactic Republic's craft during the Clone Wars. During the final year of the Clone Wars, they were one of several bankrupt corporations owned by the InterGalactic Banking Clan.
Upon the rise of the Galactic Empire, Raith Sienar would become the head of SFS, designing the Imperial TIE/ln space superiority starfighter personally. A competitor to Kuat Drive Yards, the rise of the Empire saw Sienar acquire key assets and engineers formerly employed by KDY, leading to the design and manufacture of the TIE line.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Tarkin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ "Secrets of Sienar"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 13
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack"
- ↑ Lando, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections