- "And deep behind a security barrier in an Axum shipyard, technologists struggled to reverse-engineer the weapons and starship generators the Navy had captured at Sif-Alula."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Nagratha
Sif-Alula was an Expansion Region astronomical object located in the Trestis sector. It was the namesake of the Sif-Alulan process, in which the Sisters of the Machinesmith studied and upgraded Galactic Republic technology in the build-up of the Waymancy Storm of 7811 BBY. During that conflict, the Republic captured weapons and starship power generators of the Signatories of Waymancy at Sif-Alula, allowing the Republic to study the military technology of its enemy.
Sif-Alula was a celestial body located in the Sif-Alula system. It was a part of the Expansion Region's Trestis sector, being located both in the Outer Expansion Zone sub-region and the Northern Dependencies portion of the region. Sif-Alula's name was similar to that of the Colonies planet Sif-Uwana.
During the millennium leading up to the Waymancy Storm of 7811 BBY, the group known as the Sisters of the Machinesmith, based in the Waymancy Hollow, had studied and improved on Galactic Republic technology, such as power generators, in what was known as the Sif-Alulan process. During the Waymancy Storm, the Republic Navy captured weapons and starship generators of its enemy, the Signatories of Waymancy, at Sif-Alula. Subsequently, Republic technologists at a shipyard at Axum attempted to reverse-engineer the Sif-Alulan process which had been used in the manufacture of the captured technology.
At a speech delivered on the 25th anniversary of Victory in the Waymancy Storm in 7786 BBY, Republic Supreme Chancellor Nagratha noted the importance to the Republic's war effort of the knowledge gained from the technology captured at Sif-Alula. Sif-Alula fell within the borders of the New Republic between 12 ABY and 13 ABY.
Behind the scenes
Sif-Alula was introduced in the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart. The StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Sif-Alula system, and therefore the celestial body itself, in grid square K-8.
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Sif-Alula system, and therefore the celestial body itself, in grid square K-8 as part of the Expansion Region's Trestis sector. The Essential Atlas designates the Expansion Region section of that grid square as part of the Northern Dependencies. In addition, places the Trestis sector in the portion of the Expansion Region between the Mondress and Lostar sectors. Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters establishes both Mondress and Lostar sectors to be a part of the Outer Expansion Zone, which the Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook further defines as a sub-region located in the northern section of the Expansion Region. Therefore, Sif-Alula must also be a part of the Outer Expansion Zone. places the
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Sif-Uwana system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 151 ("Sif-Uwana")