Sifter droids were a type of fifth-degree mining droid used by scavengers to help them find valuable minerals and reusable salvage buried in the sand on desert planets like Jakku. The R-H029 sifter droid and the SN-1F4 miniature sifter droid were both models of sifter droid in use around thirty years after the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sifter droids first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. The droid was not identified in the film itself but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as sifter droid)
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition