"Oh, sir, we're done for! They've set Simoomian sensory hounds on our trail!"
- ―C-3PO mistakes the sound of an energy drill for Simoomian sensory hounds
The Simoomian sensory hound was a non-sentient species of six-legged canid native to the planet Simoom. Renowned for their preternatural eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell, they were domesticated by herders, and most noble estates of the Senex and Juvex sectors had a pack of sensory hounds for hunting and security.
While on the planet Mimban in the year 2 ABY, the protocol droid C-3PO mistook the violent, howling sound of an energy mining drill for that of Simoomian sensory hounds, and assumed that the Galactic Empire had set a pack of them on the trail of himself and fellow Rebel Alliance members R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, and Leia Organa.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Simoomian sensory hound was first mentioned in the first issue of Dark Horse Comics' adaptation of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which was written by Terry Austin and illustrated by Chris Sprouse and released on December 26, 1995.
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 (First mentioned)
- The Essential Atlas (As "sensory hound")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of the novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye to the year 2 ABY. As it is an adaptation of part of the novel, Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 must also take place in 2 ABY.
- ↑ Splinter of the Mind's Eye