The Aruzans hired the bounty hunter Dengar to assassinate him. Kritkeen's resemblance to Solo made Dengar enjoy killing him. In fact, while doing the deed, Dengar deluded himself into believing that Kritkeen actually was Solo. The COMPNOR official was killed when Dengar put a concussion grenade in his mouth, threw him off a cliff, and shot him twice in mid-air as he fell. The display was payback for injuries caused by Solo's swoop as he vividly remembered.
- Payback: The Tale of Dengar (First appearance)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 38 (BOU7, Bounty Hunters - Dengar)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia