- "This invasion will gain you nothing. We're a democracy. The people have decided…"
- ―Governor Sio Bibble
Sio Bibble was born on Naboo prior to the Invasion of Naboo. Bibble was elected as the governor of Naboo during King Veruna's reign. During Queen Amidala's coronation, he and the Naboo Royal Advisory Council closed the Palace Plaza for a parade.
Invasion of NabooEdit
In 32 BBY, Senator Palpatine contacted the Royal Advisory Council only to lose communication. Bibble was one of the first to suspect there would be an invasion. However, Amidala refused to do any action that would lead them to war. Later, Bibble's suspicions proved correct when Naboo was invaded by the Trade Federation. Bibble was arrested along with the other people at Naboo at that time. Then, Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn and his padawan, Obi Wan Kenobi came to rescue them. Queen Amidala (really her decoy Sabé) agreed that she should plea to the Senate. Bibble was on high hopes that Senator Palpatine might help them. However, Bibble decided to stay behind to protect his people. Later, Queen Amidala did free Naboo. Bibble attended Jinn's funeral, who was killed in the battle that liberated Naboo. Then, he attended the celebration of Naboo's victory, handing the Globe of Peace to Boss Rugor Nass.
The Separatist CrisisEdit
Bibble continued to serve as governor under Amidala's successor, Queen Jamillia. In 22 BBY, he attended a Council meeting. They talked about how the Separatist Crisis might become a war and then redirected the conversation to Senator Amidala, who was in danger of being killed and had to hide on Naboo with a bodyguard, Anakin Skywalker.
The Clone WarsEdit
Queen Jamillia was succeeded by Queen Neeyutnee by 21 BBY, which Bibble also served.
In 20 BBY, he greeted Palpatine to Naboo and attended the Festival of Light. That night, bounty hunters tried to kidnap Palpatine but their plans were thwarted by Kenobi (who was disguised as Rako Hardeen at that time). The next morning, Bibble was put in a protection group along with Queen Neeyutnee and Senator Amidala.
Mission to BardottaEdit
In 19 BBY, Bibble went with Senator Amidala to the Galactic Senate when Queen Julia of Bardotta contacted the Republic. Palpatine presented the queen the people he chose to go to Bardotta: Senator Organa of Alderaan and Senator Amidala of Naboo. However, the queen specifically said she wanted Junior Representative Jar Jar Binks of Naboo to go, puzzling everyone. By 19 BBY, Queen Neeyutnee was succeeded by Queen Apailana, whom Bibble also served.
Personality and traitsEdit
Sio Bibble was a brave and defiant man in the face of great danger, like he demonstrated when Viceroy Nute Gunray from the Trade Federation invaded Theed. Bibble was also known to speak his mind on several important matters like the Separatist Crisis or Gunray's constant trials in the Supreme Courts of the Galactic Republic for his actions.
More than anything, Sio Bibble cared to an extent for the safety of Queen Amidala as demonstrated during the Trade Federation's invasion at Theed.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sio Bibble was played by Oliver Ford Davies in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Davies then reprised the role again in 2002's Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and 2005's Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
During the principal photography of Attack of the Clones in Italy, Davies was unable to attend, as he was shooting another film and was in a play. Nine months after Episode II's principal photography had ended, Davies went to reprise the role for a scene shot on a bluescreen stage, and was then digitally inserted into the scene shot in Italy.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Painting only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones DVD commentary