Sirra completed her rite of passage (which she was hesitant to do because of the supposed death of her friend Raaba while doing hers) during a fight with a Nightsister in the lower levels of Kashyyyk. Both Sirra and the Nightsister were swallowed by a syren plant, but Sirra escaped and grabbed a handful of fibers on her way out.
Later, after Raaba turned up alive, well, and promoting the Diversity Alliance on Kashyyyk, Sirra and Lowbacca accompanied her to Ryloth, where the pair were held against their will until they escaped. Sirra later accompanied a New Republic Senate team sent to investigate claims about the Diversity Alliance, and in frustration, smashed open a crate marked "medical supplies", exposing the weapons inside. She was employed as an emergency pilot for the New Republic.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sirrakuk was first mentioned in the 1995 novel Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta as the unidentified sister of Lowbacca. She first appeared in the 1996 Young Jedi Knights novel Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight by Anderson and Moesta, where her name was revealed as Sirrakuk.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight (First appearance) (First identified as Sirrakuk)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- According to Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight, Sirrakuk is younger than Lowbacca. Since Lowbacca was nineteen in Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force, which took place in 23 ABY according to The Essential Reader's Companion, Sirrakuk was born after 4 ABY.
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones