The sistermoon was a pale moon which was one of nine of the planet Endor in the Outer Moddell systems' Endor system, located in the Moddell subsector of the Inner Zuma Region, which was in turn part of the Outer Rim Territories' Zuma sector.
The Ewoks of the Forest Moon of Endor considered it a sister to their own world, hence the name. At times on Endor, the sistermoon became visible on the horizon, and the moon's light was able to shine through the Forest Moon's clouds. At one point during the late afternoon, the Ewok Teebo noticed a mantigrue—a type of flying creature—silhouetted against the large moon.
Behind the scenes
The sistermoon appeared in the 1984 young-readers book The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense, written by Joe Johnston. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Endor system, and therefore the sistermoon, in grid square H-16.
- The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense (First appearance)
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 (Indirect mention only) "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (END1, The Forest Moon of Endor) (Indirect mention only)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Endor (Forest Moon)") (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Endor system
- The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense