Sistros hailed from the planet Dwartii in the Allied Region of Nouane. Renowned for its libraries and philosophers, Nouanese ministers would often achieve positions of great power and influence in the early Galactic Republic.
Along with Faya, Yanjon, and Braata, Sistros was one of the Four Sages of Dwartii, highly-influential but nonetheless controversial philosopher-lawgivers whose decrees were often viewed as coldly unsparing. Sistros in particular was accused of advocating pandering to the multitude to achieve selfish ends.
During one of the periods of Sith ruled of the galaxy, a large statue of Sistros was created, forged from solid neuranium with a bronzium finish. By 52 BBY, it had come into the possession of Senator Palpatine of Naboo, secretly the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious. When he became Supreme Chancellor, the statue decorated his private office's anteroom. Concealed within the statue was a secret hollow space, which contained Palpatine's lightsaber.
Though the actions of Sistros and the other Sages were controversial to many, a small statuette of the ancient demagogue capped the ceremonial staff wielded by Vice Chair of the Galactic Senate. Mas Amedda carried the staff during the last days of the Galactic Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the now defunct MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, all four statues of the Sages of Dwartii could be collected. The in-game statue that was labeled as Sistros's depicted a man holding an open book. However, Sistros' effigy in both Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary and the bronze statues set "Sistros and Braata" produced by Sideshow Collectibles depicted a man with his hands folded in his sleeves. Leland Chee, administrator of the Holocron continuity database at Lucasfilm Ltd., later stated that the Sideshow identification was correct and that the Sistros statue was indeed the one with the folded hands and long sleeves.
- Darth Plagueis (Statue only)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Statue only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance) (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast" (Appears as statue in flashback)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore" (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies" (Statuette only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart" (Statue only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Statue only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Statue only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Statue only)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Sistros)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- "Set Piece: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's Office"—Star Wars Insider 95
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two
- Star Wars: Beware the Sith