- "The day this fleet launches, freedom dies in the galaxy."
- ―Beaumont Kin
The Sith Eternal fleet, also known as the Sith fleet or the Sith armada, was a massive fleet of the Final Order and Sith Eternal that was active during the war between the First Order and the Resistance.
- "Forgive me, sir, but these allies on Exegol, they sound like a cult. Conjurers and soothsayers."
"They've conjured legions of Star Destroyers. The Sith fleet will increase our resources ten thousand fold."
- ―Domaric Quinn and Enric Pryde discuss the Sith fleet
The Sith Eternal fleet was composed of hundreds of the Final Order's Xyston-class Star Destroyers, AAL-2100/9.5 atmospheric assault landers and TIE/dg starfighters. In 35 ABY, the fleet came under the command of Allegiant General Enric Pryde after he pledged the First Order to serve Darth Sidious' Final Order from his Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Steadfast.
The fleet, its warships too numerous for a simultaneous exit from Exegol without a guiding navigational beacon, relied on a navigation signal to operate their initial launch from the Sith world. A navigation tower on the planet had been constructed to fulfill that purpose, although other ships were able to fulfill the same purpose in emergencies.
At least one Xyston-class Star Destroyer, the Derriphan, was successfully transferred from Exegol to the wider galaxy. In the aftermath of the Resistance's mission to Kijimi, the Derriphan was sent to Kijimi, where it fired its axial superlaser at the planet and obliterated it.
Despite the decades of effort that had been placed into the construction of this titanic force, its purpose of retribution was never fulfilled. It was confronted by a small force of the Resistance military; although this early token force was nearly annihilated, a "Citizens' fleet" consisting of thousands of armed civilian vessels, emerged from hyperspace above the destroyers. Utilizing a weakness in the design of the Xyston-class wherein their planetkiller cannons served as a weak point, the bolstered Resistance fleet quickly routed the Sith Eternal navy. The de facto flagship of the fleet, the Steadfast, was destroyed as well, preventing any of the destroyers from fleeing the engagement.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as taking place one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, including the dissolution of the Sith Eternal fleet, take place in 35 ABY.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary