- "Get help. You're no match for him. He's a Sith Lord."
- ―Sheev Palpatine, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
During the days of the Old Republic, many individuals held the mantle of Sith Lord and fought countless wars against the Jedi Order. Eventually, however, their numbers dwindled due to infighting. After Darth Bane established the Rule of Two, Sith tradition dictated that there could only be two Sith Lords—a master and an apprentice—at any given time.
In the years leading up to the Invasion of Naboo the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis was killed by his apprentice Darth Sidious, who at the time was also training his own apprentice Darth Maul. Sidious planted the seeds for what would become the Confederacy of Independent Systems by forming an alliance with the Trade Federation, a corporation led by Viceroy Nute Gunray and Settlement Officer Rune Haako. Sidious convinced the Trade Federation to use their army of battle droids to blockade and invade the peaceful planet of Naboo. The invasion failed and Maul was seemingly killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Sidious was able to be elected as Supreme Chancellor Of the Galactic Republic.
The Sith then resurface, ten years later, to start the Clone Wars. Darth Tyranus meets with Viceroy Gunray, San Hill of the InterGalactic Banking Clan, Wat Tambor of the Techno Union, Archduke Poggle the Lesser of the Stalgasin Hive, Shu Mai of the Commerce Guild, and Po Nudo of the Hyper-Communications Cartel, on Geonosis. They form the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 22: Fortress Vader, Part IV
- ↑ Lando, Part IV
- ↑ "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 4
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Dooku: Jedi Lost
- ↑ (Image 1 caption)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary