The Sith Wars were a series of conflicts between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The Chiss Ascendancy also participated in the conflicts, and encountered a number of aliens before retreating to their borders. Cervil the Uncanny, a Jedi who fought in the conflict, left behind testimonies about members of the Jedi Order using lightwhips in order to defend against Forbidden Forms used by the Sith.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In Star Wars Legends, the Chiss Ascendancy allied itself with the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War, the Cold War, and the Galactic War, all of which took place from 3681 BBY onwards. In addition, there were two Sith Wars in the Legends continuity: the Old Sith Wars, which lasted from 4000 BBY to 3951 BBY, and the New Sith Wars, which lasted from 2000 BBY to 1000 BBY.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Nexus of Power (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- Star Wars 9 states that the Sith were born from the Hundred-Year Darkness. Therefore, the Sith Wars must have taken place after the Hundred-Year Darkness.
- Nexus of Power
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Chiss Ascendancy"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Old Sith Wars")