Sith alchemy was a dark side technique of the Force that was used by the Sith and notably Darth Sidious when he attempted to enter the World Between Worlds. Sith alchemy could be used to create dark illusions as well as fiery energy. Sith scientists used Sith alchemy for Project Blackwing, an attempt to create immortality. The project ultimately resulted in a virus that resurrected the dead, and led to a widespread contamination. The reforged helmet of Kylo Ren was strengthened through the use of Sith alchemy.
During the Clone Wars, Darth Sidious and his apprentice Darth Tyranus used the technique to attack Master Yoda when he ventured to Moraband. Using Tyranus' relationship and his blood, Sidious and his apprentice were able to use their Force lightning to create an illusion for Yoda. They were unable to break Yoda and knew they needed more time to prepare.
During the Galactic Empire's excavation of Lothal's Jedi Temple, Sidious learned that Jedi Ezra Bridger had entered the World Between Worlds. Sidious was able to use his technique to peer inside the World Between Worlds where he saw Bridger and Ahsoka Tano inside the portal. Sidious attempted to enter the World, creating a blue flame to capture them. However, Ezra was able to return to Lothal while Ahsoka returned to Malachor.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars: Commander (Mentioned only)
- "Gaze of Stone"—Myths & Fables (Indirect mention only) (In flashback(s))
- (First identified as Sith alchemy)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader)
- "Coruscant" – Star Wars Encyclopedia